VISION CENTRE PROGRAMME
Making Primary Eye Care Accessible Vision Centres
Vision centres play a vital role in making affordable Eye Care services accessible. Creating a system were early interception could be made reachable required a static body that could act as a contact centre to provide primary eye care consultation, and bring formal and informal stakeholders, community change agents, local actions groups and duty bearers to take an active role in intercepting the persons and bring them to eye care early. The centres also act as a contact to sensitize, train and engage people who may further replicate the process to end ignorance towards avoidable blindness and bring people to treatment before it is too late.
SGLEH today have 18 Vision centres spread across a region of 400 kms to intercept the patient and provide treatment earliest possible. Once intercepted if required the vision centre act as a referral station to the hospital were the patient receives specialized eye care at subsidized rates.
The Outreach programme especially targets to bring women to health care. Through various door-to-door sensitization measures, workshops with women only groups and including men to sensitize them to take equal onus and participation in bringing woman to health care. SGLEH has been able to create a safe space for women and help her become independent on her own to seek eye care. SGLEH believes once a woman is aware she can play a greater role in creating an aware space for the children and other family members, inculcate healthy habits and ensure better health and hygiene for the family.
- Eastern Bipass: Po-Dabgram-2, Bakultala More, Under Dabgram Panchayat, Dist-Jalpaiguri-734004, P-8348694632.
- Bagdogra: Near Upper Bagdogra G.P Office, Bagdogra, Phone 0353200521
- Malbazar: Opposite OF Mal Head Postoffice, Pin-735221, Ph-8348694608.
- Rajganj: Choudhari Dharmosala, Opposite Rajganj Police Station, Ph-9733312349.
- Banarhat: Dharmosala Road, Post- Banarhat, Dist-Jalpaiguri, Pin-735202,Ph-9475617133.
- Nagrakata: Near Central Bank, Po-Nagrakata, Dist-Jalpaiguri, Pin-735101, P-9732151234.
- Kanki: New Market Kanki, Near Care Policlinic, Opposite Kanki Post Office, Kanki, Uttardinajpur,Pin-733209
- Mirik: Sital Nagar,Beside Mandir Gas Agency Mirik,Po & PS Mirik, Darjeeling, Pin 734214, Ph-9775009000.
- Ghoom: Sinhel Market,Old Postoffice Building1st floor,H.C Road,Near Railway Station,Ghoom 9733344481
- Islampur: Islampur Bas stand, Islampur,
- Domohana: AJK Market, Rasakhowa Road. Po-Domohana Ps- Karandighi, Dist – Uttardinaspur, P-9733923000.
- Birpara: Birpara Lanka Road, Birpara Lions Club.
- Raiganj : Raiganj Siliguri More,Po- Sudarsanpur, Near Saroda Bidya Mandir, Lions Club Of Raiganj, Dist- Uttardinajpur, Pin-733134, P-9732225511.
- Uttar Latabari: Uttar Latabari, Rural Hospital, Uttar Latabari, Kalchini, Pin- 735217, Ph-9733348880.